Over 270 people attended WindyCityRails this year. It took a whole team of dedicated Rubyists to pull the conference together.
Thank you to the team that made it happen, especially:
- Kevin Zolkiewicz. Conference manager. Kevin runs the conference, and that’s huge. Be sure to thank him when you see him!
- Carl Jackson. Bandwidth czar. Achieved 100Mbps when some people thought we couldn’t.
- Adam Grandy. Manager of our audio-visual system since 2009. Adam steps up our video quality every time we work with him.
- Ginny Hendry. Organizer of the ChicagoRuby hack nights which are consistently rated high. WindyCityRails Train Ambassador.
- Justin Love. Member of multiple organizer teams including ChicagoRuby and jsChi(). Our bridge to Ugtastic this year. WindyCityRails Train Ambassador.
- Ryan Balla. Advisor and volunteer at every WindyCityRails since the beginning. Notices everything.
- Mike Hall. Videographer and the driving force behind Ugtastic.
- Monty Ksycki. Outstanding photography at multiple ChicagoRuby events.
- Amy Kinney. Logistics & Bookings. Speakers, if WindyCityRails treated you well, give a shout-out to Amy!
- Fernando Mondragon. Outstanding artist. Designer of the WindyCityRails logo and t-shirts.
- Aaron Kalin. Advisor on conference logistics, t-shirt design, and program content.
- Kyle Crum. Brand new to the organizer team. World traveller. WindyCityRails Train Ambassador.
The Next Generation of Developers
Two members of Boy Scout Troop 534 “Hey!” helped our team on conference day. Thanks to:
- Greg Robertson, college sophomore.
- Dartagnon Miller, high school sophomore.
Both plan to pursue careers in software development. Let us continue to encourage our youth!
Mark Your Calendar for WindyCityRails 2013
Work has already begun on the next WindyCityRails, to be held Thursday & Friday, September 12-13, 2013. As always, if you have ideas for improvement, please contact the organizers. Thanks!