Thank you for your interest in sponsoring ChicagoRuby. Here are a few ways that you (and/or your company) can make that happen:
- Host a hack night. If your office has space for 20-40 attendees, you might consider hosting a ChicagoRuby hack night. Most hosts provide food (typically pizza), tables, chairs, and Wi-Fi.
- Sponsor WindyCityRails. Our annual Ruby on Rails conference, WindyCityRails, draw attendees from across the midwest. For details, request our sponsorship prospectus.
- Try something bold & imaginative. Maybe you have a sponsorship idea that we haven’t thought of. Let’s hear it!
Some user groups charge a fee for their monthly events, but ChicagoRuby strives to keep our monthly events free. Our conferences are successful enough to cover our costs, including video.
To learn more about sponsorship, you can drop us a line or talk to an organizer at one of our events. We look forward to hearing from you.
DeForest Group provides ChicagoRuby with state-of-the-art meeting space in a clubhouse atmosphere. Plenty of table space is available, making it ideal for hackfests. High-bandwidth and LCD are great. Thank you DeForest!
ThoughtWorks sponsored Chirb for several years prior to the Chirb/ChicagoRuby merge. Since the merge, they’ve been a great partner, providing:
- A large downtown meeting space.
- Plenty of internet bandwidth.
- Outstanding pizza.
Members of the ThoughtWorks team have also delivered powerful technical presentations at ChicagoRuby meetings. Thank you ThoughtWorks!
O’Reilly Media, Inc. was the first publisher to sponsor ChicagoRuby. Benefits of O’Reilly’s sponsorship include:
- 35% discount on all titles for ChicagoRuby members. Enter discount code DSUG.
- Free review copies of books for members who write reviews at ChicagoRuby.org, Amazon, Slashdot, or your own blog. O’Reilly’s book review guidelines tell you how to get started.
- Donated books and promotional items for raffles, contests, and fund-raising.
- Speaking arrangements with O’Reilly authors.
Thank you O’Reilly!
The Pragmatic Programmers are offering members of ChicagoRuby a 20% discount on all titles purchased online. We’re not allowed to post the discount code on our site, so drop by a ChicagoRuby meeting to get the code from one of our organizers or members in-the-know. Special thanks to Pragmatic Programmers for their support, and to Matt Polito for negotiating this deal!